Landscape aesthetics, ecology and public benefits
ELECTRICITY LINES CONSULTANCY
The primary focus for this consultancy is reducing the visual impact of overhead lines and enhancing ecosystem services along their corridors.
Using my experience of countryside management and working with groups and companys with overhead lines, I can offer to help develop priority projects, partnerships and collaboration and develop ideas and thinking to take forward concepts to reality.
Some specific services are;
1. Developing mitigation / undergrounding bids for submission
(part of the Electricity Distribution Price Control Review, Ofgem allowance for network undergrounding in National Parks and AONBs)
2. Initial walkover ecological sensitivity surveys for these proposed distribution network undergrounding projects (not including phase one survey)
3. Developing landscape enhancement initiative bids for National Parks and AONBs for submission to National Grid
4. Working up proposals for existing or planned community projects that can include low voltage undergrounding as part of their scheme (a specific provision from Ofgem is available for any geographic area, designated or not)
5. A wider and more broad service to facilitate relationships and schemes between protected areas, National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) can also be delivered.
MITIGATING VISUAL IMPACT & ENHANCING ECOSYSTEM SERVICES